- Final Design Report Now Available August 8, 2014
- Additional Public Hearing Materials April 11, 2014
- Public Hearing Transcript Availability April 1, 2014
- Designing for Pedestrian Safety March 17, 2014
- Keck Circle – Montpelier, VT March 11, 2014
- Pedestrian Crossing Beacons March 7, 2014
- City of Glens Falls residents review their roundabout March 6, 2014
- Public Hearing Materials March 4, 2014
- Notice of Public Hearing February 18, 2014
- Draft Design Report Now Available February 5, 2014
Additional materials related to the public hearing have been added to the “Documents” section of the site. These include the Determination and Findings, summary of all written comments and responses to all technical comments.
The transcript of the public hearing is available at the Saratoga County Clerk’s Office and the Town of Malta Clerk’s office. Click Here for an online version.
From the Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center: http://www.pedbikeinfo.org/training/webinars_PBIC_DPS.cfm
Interchanges and Roundabouts
Presented Oct. 5, 2010 by Fred Ranck, FHWA Resource Center Safety Design Engineer and Hillary Isebrands, FHWA Resource Center Safety Specialist
- Download the Webinar
(right-click and “save-as” — WMV, 79 MB)
- Presentation slides – Interchanges (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- Presentation slides – Roundabouts (PDF, 3.9 MB)
Montpelier, VT – Main Street/Spring Street Intersection
a. Main Street Middle School located 500 feet east
b. Single‐lane roundabout constructed in 1995
c. Approximately 12,000 vehicles per day(vpd). (Chango Drive/Round Lake Road intersection is approximately 8,000 vpd)
This device is referred to as a Rectangular Rapid Flashing Pedestrian Beacon: (RRFB). These are proposed at all Round Lake Road crossings including the intersection of Hearthwood Drie. These include a push button for pedestrians to activate a flashing beacon that alerts drivers to their presence and desire to cross.